Scientific Support Group Mission
- Provide scientific and technical support to ALS users for carrying out their
experiments independently or in collaboration.
- Provide access to state-of-the-art data analysis tools (software, etc.) for
interpretation of experimental data.
- Assist users in developing novel and/or better experimental equipment.
- Provide suggestions and/or make improvements to beamlines and endstations with the objective of making the ALS more user-friendly, effective and efficient.
- Develop communication with users for their involvement in building and improving the scientific program at the ALS.
- Perform outreach to broaden the ALS user base.
- Help researchers disseminate scientific results through presentations, papers, reports, and publications in journals.
- Boost the image of the Advanced Light Source as a world class user facility.
ALS User Proposals
|Submit or Renew an ALS User Proposal for beamtime.|
March 6, 2013, 5:00 pm
A U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratory Operated by the University of California
Privacy & Security Notice